The Erie County Water Authority (ECWA) is a public utility that provides water services to residents and businesses in Erie County, New York. It was established in 1949 and operates as an independent entity governed by a five-member board of commissioners.
The ECWA is responsible for the sourcing, treatment, and distribution of clean and safe drinking water to approximately 550,000 customers in Erie County. It manages a comprehensive water system, including reservoirs, treatment plants, pumping stations, and an extensive network of pipes and infrastructure.
The authority ensures the water supplied meets or exceeds all federal and state drinking water standards. They employ advanced water treatment processes and regularly monitor the water quality to maintain its safety and purity.
In addition to delivering reliable water services, the ECWA is also committed to environmental stewardship and water conservation. They undertake initiatives to protect water sources, promote water efficiency, and educate the community about sustainable water practices.
The ECWA operates under a financial self-sufficiency model, generating revenue from water sales to cover operating costs and infrastructure maintenance. Rates are set based on the operational and capital requirements to provide uninterrupted water service to customers.
Overall, the Erie County Water Authority plays a vital role in ensuring the availability of high-quality water to the residents and businesses of Erie County while promoting responsible water management practices.
In this article you will get to know the step by step proceedure about how to pay your Erie County Water Authority bills online easily :
- Open your web browser and navigate to the Erie County Water Authority website
- On the homepage, locate the “Pay Your Bill Online” button and click on it. This will take you to the online payment portal.
- On the payment portal page, you will need to enter your account number and the service address zip code associated with your Erie County Water Authority account. Once you’ve entered this information, click on the “Submit” button.
- The next page will display your current account balance, as well as options for payment. Select “Pay Now” to proceed with payment.
- On the payment page, you will be prompted to enter your payment details. You can choose to pay by credit/debit card or by electronic check. Enter your payment information accordingly.
- Once you’ve entered your payment details, click on the “Submit Payment” button. You will receive a confirmation page confirming that your payment has been successfully processed.
- You can choose to print this confirmation page for your records or have it emailed to you. You can also choose to set up recurring payments if you would like to automate future bill payments.
And that’s it! By following these steps, you should be able to pay your Erie County Water Authority bills online quickly and easily.
FAQ’s about how to pay your Erie County Water Authority bills online easily :
Q: What payment methods are accepted for online bill payment?
A: The Erie County Water Authority accepts payments made with credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) and electronic checks.
Q: Is there a fee for paying my bill online?
A: Yes, there is a convenience fee of 2.75% for credit/debit card payments, and a flat $1.50 fee for electronic check payments.
Q: Can I make a partial payment online?
A: No, partial payments cannot be made online. You must pay the full balance owed.
Q: Can I set up recurring payments for my bill?
A: Yes, you can set up automatic recurring payments by selecting the “AutoPay” option on the payment page. You can choose to have payments automatically deducted from your bank account or charged to your credit/debit card.
Q: What should I do if I accidentally pay the wrong amount or submit duplicate payments?
A: If you accidentally pay the wrong amount or submit a duplicate payment, contact the Erie County Water Authority immediately at 716-849-8484 or [email protected].
Q: How long does it take for my online payment to be processed?
A: It can take up to 48 hours for your online payment to be processed and applied to your account.
Q: Can I view my billing history online?
A: Yes, you can view your billing history by logging into your account on the Erie County Water Authority website and selecting the “Billing and Payments” tab.
Q: What should I do if I have trouble accessing the online payment portal?
A: If you have trouble accessing the online payment portal, try clearing your web browser cache and cookies or using a different web browser. If the problem persists, contact the Erie County Water Authority at 716-849-8484 for assistance.
I hope these FAQs help you with any questions you may have about paying your Erie County Water Authority bills online.