The New York City Housing Authority is the largest North American public housing authority. The unit was founded in 1935 to enable low and middle-income new york city residents, to get affordable and decent housing.
Approximately in every 1 of 16 homes in new yorkers is under NYCHA. It has 177 569 plus apartments in 335 estates under section 8 of RAD/PACT programs. Additionally, it serves over 339,900 residents in 162,143 apartments in 277 estates under section 9 of the Conventional Public Housing Program.
The program also serves around 29,789 people licensed people in 15,426 units under 58 developments that were converted into the program of Permanent Affordability Commitment Together (PACT). The unit has various opportunities for career advancement, financial empowerment, business development, and educational programs for all new york residents.
About The NYCHA Self-Service Portal
The NYCHA self-service portal is designed o help users easily access the section 8 program’s services. This program helps low and middle-income families stay in the private market. The eligibility requirements depend on the size of the family and gross family income.
NYCHA aims to operate like a landlord more efficiently and effectively by addressing safety and critical health issues, building affordable housing stock, repairing buildings, and connecting people to excellent social services and programs that are valuable to their lives.
Through the portal, you can easily access and view the status of your application, check the certification of your social development housing, confirm your eligibility and check the dates of your interviews for waiting lists or eligibility.
You can also update your contact details and other information like your home address numbers, your mailing address, and details on your current application. For example, the borough of your choice and reason for applying.
The portal offers several benefits, categorized into two, first for the applicant and then for the tenants.
For NYCHA applicants
- You can easily apply for public housing
- Scheduling appointment mats is simple
- Update your basic details and information
- Access and view the status of your application
- Check the dates for eligibility interviews and find out if the application has been certified to the waitlist.
For Tenant’s NYCHA
- Complete annual recertifications, transfer requests, and interim recertifications
- In case of a change in your family size, assets, income, or expenses, you can easily inform NYCHA of any of these reforms by filling out the interim recertification and getting fair rent calculations.
- These interim recertifications can be done all year long at anytime
Note that if you’re a section 8 voucher holder, you’ll get access to basic tenancy features like the date of your inspection, your contract rent, and your yearly recertification.
NYCHA Self-Service Portal Login Guide
NYCHA Section 8 owners and Section 8 Tenants can manage their accounts, conduct some transactions and view their information online anytime. These steps will guide you to access your account successfully.
- Visit the official NYCHA website via this link selfserve.nycha.info
- Move to the button named Section 8 and click Self-Service Links
- Now press the log on to NYCHA Self-Service Portal button. You’ll be redirected to the login page
- In the input spaces, enter your account username and password
- Click login to access your account
How To Reset A Forgotten Password Or Username?
It would be best if you had valid login credentials to access your account. However, if you lost your password, follow the steps below to reset it to a new one.
- Go to the login page.
- Below the login button, go to Forgot Password. Then proceed to the next page.
- Enter your details like SSN, Date Of Birth, and the email you used to register your account
- Click on the send verification code.
- Now open your email inbox, and you’ll find a password retrieval link. Use it to reset your password.
Remember you have trouble logging in to your account, you can contact their help desk at [email protected], and you’ll get the necessary support.
How To Register An Account?
The NYCHA self-service login has several benefits for the user. First, the steps below will help you register your free account.
- Visit the official login page of the NYCHA self-service portal and click on the Register button.
- Select the type of user you are from various options available
- Fill in appropriately in the registration input boxes
- After completion of the review, submit to create your account
Customer Contact Center
If you experience problems with your account, use any contact channels below to get help.
Phone number: 718-707-7771
Email: [email protected]
Also Read: Foragentsonly
NYCHA Customer Care Centre Address:
- 478 East Fordham Road (1 Fordham Plaza), 2nd Floor
- Bronx, NY 10458