Virginia Community College is one of the great institutions that fulfill the demands of a wide spectrum of students and employees in the same institution. To establish good access to various resources and services, among other things, the institution has the MyTncc login portal to assist both the students and the staff. However, as a Virginia Community college student, there are great prospects that you understand how the portal works and that you’ve come across it.
This is an easy yet complete guide to everything linked to the MyTncc portal, including enrolling and logging into your account. After going through the guide, it should be easier to access and use the portal in various ways.
The Virginia Peninsula Junior College gained momentum following its foundation in 1964. Its creation followed due to the proposition of the creation of a two-year college that could serve the Cities of Hampton and Newport News within Virginia. In the year before, 1963, the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce advocated the establishment of this institution. 2 years after its founding, the college relocated to its current home on Marshall Avenue in Newport News. After that, it was renamed Thomas Nelson Community College in honor of Captain Thomas Nelson, Jr., a Virginia hero who fought in the American Revolution.
Services and resources provided by the MyTncc portal
A comprehensive web-based portal: MyTncc seeks various services to the college’s students. In a word, it offers services such as enrollment of students in any of Virginia’s Community Colleges, quick access to class schedules and plans, access to grades, and even financial aid. MyTncc portal further allows the students to enroll for classes, examine and evaluate their academic records and even pay for tuition. Students and staff of Virginia Community College can easily use the MyTncc portal as its anticipated users. Some of the services under the MyTncc portal include:
- Financial aid information
- Library resources
- Career services available
- Academic advice
- Online registration and student records
Why become a Virginia College community student?
You can wonder why you should be part of the institution as a student, but that isn’t a major issue. Students inside Virginia’s Community Colleges enjoy programs and services vital to their academics. Additionally, being a member of the institution draws rewards such as:
- Flexible schedules
- Affordable tuition
- Adult education programs
- Convenient locations
- Workforce development programs, among more.
Requirements for creating a MyTncc account
To login into the MyTncc portal, you will need the following simple requirements:
- MyTncc login web address
- Virginia Peninsula Community College MyTncc login valid username and password
- A MyTncc portal-compatible internet browser
- A smart gadget, e.g., a laptop or PC with reliable internet access
How to register on the MyTncc login portal
As a new student, registering for classes requires creating an account with the MyTncc portal. The following easy steps will guide you into creating the account.
- Visit the MyTNCC Portal.
- After logging in, click “VCCS SIS: Student Information System.”
- The system will redirect you to the Student Center
- Click on “Enroll” and select the semester you want to enroll
- Enter the five-digit number of the class you wish to enroll in the “enter class number” input box.
- Select the “find classes” option before entering the course subject in the respective box and the course number in the respective box.
- After finding the class you want, click on “Select Class.”
- You can now view the course details and then click “NEXT.”
- Review classes in the shopping cart, then click “Proceed to Step 2 of 3.”
- Click on “Finish Enrollment” to complete the process
- You can confirm that you selected an available course by checking for a green circle or blue square next to the class.
- A green circle means the circle is open, and a blue square means the class is closed.
Steps to log in to the MyTncc portal
Accessing your MyTncc account is easier. Follow the following simple steps:
- Visit the MyTNCC portal official website
- Tap or click on the login button on the top right of the screen
- Input your VCCS email address and password
- Click the login button to access your account
Resetting your MyTncc login password
The following are easier steps to help you reset your login password on the MyTncc portal if you forget it.
- Visit MyTncc login official portal website
- Click “Forgot Password” under the “Go” button
- Input your VCCS email and click the continue button
- Choose from the list of email addresses or mobile devices on file in the prompt displayed
- You will get an email or text message with the code along with a link to reset your password
- Click the link before you input the claim code once prompted
- Set a password you can remember and log in again
Recovering MyTncc username
You don’t need to worry if you’ve forgotten your MyTncc username. You can easily recover the forgotten username by:
- Visiting the MyTncc portal official website
- Then click “Forgot username?” under the “Go” button
- Input your email address and then click the “Next” button
- You will receive your username in the email address on file
How to pay for tuition at MyTncc
The following are basic steps to help you pay tuition fees at MyTncc.
- Log in to MyTncc Portal
- Click on Student Center
- Click on Finances
- Click on Make Payment
- Enter the amount you need to pay, then click Continue
- Follow the instructions to complete the payment
How to contact MyTncc IT Helpdesk
You can reach out to the 24/7 available MyTncc IT support desk through the following
Phone: (757) 825-2709
Location: Wythe Hall, Room 49
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (757) 825-2827
Phone: (757) 825-2800
Phone: (757) 825-2763
Email: [email protected]
Also Read: USD259 Portal Login
Virginia’s Community Colleges’ commitment gears toward implementing high and affordable education for all Virginians. The Virginia Peninsula Community College portal gives a detailed guide on concerns relating to services given and the features to explore.